The AutoGenprep 965 is our fully automated high throughput system for DNA extraction. Employing the 96-well format, the system uses AutoGen’s proven solution-phase chemistry for high throughput whole blood extraction at a very low cost per prep. The 965 combines an automated 12-channel pipetting module, robotic plate movement and a built-in centrifuge to provide fast results in a consistent and reliable manner. The 965 has protocols available for DNA extraction from whole blood, blood spots, human tissues and cells (including ES cells), plasmids, BACs, microbes and plants.
Summary of Device Features (click to expand)
- Complete Automation in a 96-well format.
- Lowest cost per prep based on AutoGen’s solution-phase DNA extraction method.
- Versatility of the AutoGenprep chemistry.
- High Quality and High Yield DNA.
Transfer samples to the deep well plates, load the plates directly onto the instrument, start the protocol and walk away. The AutoGenprep 965 purifies DNA from up to 4 deep well plates in 4-6 hours. The completely resuspended DNA can be used directly in your next application.
Because our extraction chemistry does not require the use of expensive disposable columns or magnetic beads, it results in a very low cost per prep.
The versatility of our solution-phase DNA extraction chemistry allows us to continually develop new extraction protocols. Available protocols include: whole blood, blood spots, buffy coats, ES cells, plant, tissue, cells, microbes, plasmids and BACs.
The DNA extracted by the AutoGenprep 965 is equal to or better than conventional methods and can be used directly in downstream processes such as PCR, Southern Blotting, restriction digestion and more.
Additional Benefits of the 965 include:
- Unattended operation (saves labor and time).
- High throughput in a 96-well format (faster time to result).
- 384 samples in 4-6 hours (protocol dependent).
- Very low cost per prep (saves you money).
- High quality and yield (eliminates failed experiments).
- Direct application of extracted DNA to your next procedure (saves time and labor).
- AutoGen’s superior service and support (gives you piece of mind).
Description of Instrument or system modules
The robust modular design of the 965 includes:
- Built-in centrifuge.
- 12- in-1 multi-channel pipettor
- Plate transfer module
- Agitation module
- Heater module
- Reagent reservoirs
- Liquid transfer capability
Description of User Interface or Software
The AutoGenprep 965’s software features:
- Touch screen for operator interface.
- User friendly and easy to operate.
- Based on Windows operating system.
- Ability to monitor the progress of the protocol.
- Allows user to modify and save operating parameters.
- Saves up to eight user created files per protocol.
- Allows the operator to recover from an error and restart the run.